One of the changes we are making is to simplify the controls. Right now you can fire one handed, which is less accurate, or you can fire two handed with a a laser sight, which is more accurate. Further, one handed firing allows you to move, but two-handed doesn't.
Instead, we are going to stick with the two-handed firing with the laser sight, and allow you to move while firing. Moving will still decrease your accuracy according to your speed.
To visually show the accuracy, we are going to jitter the laser sight accordingly. This should be a clear way to teach the player that standing still increases accuracy.
Some of the recent changes :
1) You can now switch to the PDA / Symbol Scanner as your 'weapon'
2) You can use the symbol scanner to scan symbols carved into the levels. This will give you access to new areas and weapon upgrades.
3) The shot explosions look cooler after adding a scrolling texture instead of just a flat sphere.
4) the bolt glows once again match the bolt colors.
5) Added the teleport effect. Another scrolling texture. Looks cool.
6) Player can drop a weapon, as he is limited to 3 weapons plus the PDA / scanner.
5) PDA scanner model added to the game.
6) Added improved sounds, including the hand cannon getting a more bassy blast.
7) Walking sound fixed again
Here are a couple of shots taken this morning during a furious firefight at the temple :