I was able to add two new features to S3Engine,
The window icon and the cursor, these are specified in the boot.conf file.
For Malathedra we decided to use the 'key-logo' for the window icon, and for now we are going with a tried and true SCUMM crosshairs, using the inverse cursor color property to insure visibility, we might change it but it adds a nice bit of nostalgia.
we're begining to compile the story into an asset and task list so we can better keep track of the project.
As a side note, I took these two shots of the maps with the terrain in wireframe, the first being our normal mesh density and the second being a higher density.