Anyway, here are some screenshots [grin]:
I have the data-driven map system implemented (tiles and background), partial entity system (you can see them and they have (bad/wrong) collision detection), state system, and a Button widget. I did almost everything from scratch (meaning no code base except for my html log class, my Direct3D type-to-string converters, and my timer classes.) I wasted about 30 minutes on a different menu system before I realised I was a moron and went with the simple button system.
It didn't start slowing down until after around 220 entities.
Also, I used premade filler art to save time.
Anyway, back to work for me.
Edit: Oh, btw I'll post the source code after I finish it.
Edit: Fixed image subtitles