Yes, I got around to posting it. I also very nearly lost todays work. I forgot to check the files out last night, so I just made them all non-read only with the intention of checking the files out, copying over the versions Perforce gives me with my edited versions, and submitting. Except I nearly forgot to copy them out of the way.
Yeah, that was a little anti-climatic. Oh well.
My input code works. How exciting. It's only using window messages though. I looked at using WM_INPUT, except it requires Windows XP, and I'd quite like to support Win2k if possible, and it's completely pointless for my needs. If I need it later on, I can add it to the engine. I was just going to have a couple of functions; CInput::SetUIMouseMode() and CInput::SetInGameMouseMode() to toggle between WM_MOUSEMOVE and WM_INPUT. I was looking at one of the DX docs pages on the train yesterday because I didn't feel like coding and saw that I should use WM_MOUSEMOVE for UI-type stuff because it does ballistics, and WM_INPUT for actual in-game stuff, since it gives you high DPI input. Basically, it's DirectInput, but without the extra overhead.
My login screen code is working pretty well too, as in it displays and loads the zone information from the config file (Where all the UI items are).
I need to get my UI code working next, and I'd really like to be able to import / export XML or something (I have an .ini like file parser already) for added excitment.
Tagno says my journal isn't exciting enough. So here's a picture:
No, it's not mine. But I want to do that.