In other news, i've been working a lot on a "stability" patch for the combat prototype. I haven't released a news/IOTD yet, due to those issues, but also to the bandwidth quota i have on my website. You'd think 120 GB/month is enough to serve quite a few requests, but i'm always on the edge. I will probably end up hosting all the trailers and combat prototype binaries on some mirrors, at least until next month has come.
I've fixed a lot of bugs in the client's network interpolation/prediction code. Ships are now moving in a more stable way (less zigzags/teleports, smoother paths, no more "random turn arounds") with my 150 ms ping to the server. I'm now investigating a serious memory leak in the client, i fixed a first bug that caused a camera object to be recreated every *frame*, meaning at high framerates, hundreds of times per second. The end result was a constant but sure drop of framerate after a few seconds, until getting 1/10th of the initial framerate after a few minutes. Updating tens of thousands of cameras per frame isn't the best way to maintain a high framerate.
I have a few smaller things to add, a confirmation to quit (escape just exists the program now), a lens-flare effect, etc.. but i hope it'll be ready tomorrow or, at worse, wednesday.