It seems that I change my project every three days or so. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm doing my best to fix it.
I spent all night last night trying to figure out some way to work the storyline for Derek's Detective Agency, but I just can't seem to come up with anything fun. So, at the moment I'm just going to be thinking about things and screwing around (with an emphasis on the latter.)
Last night I decided to try something for fun and it didn't turn out to bad. I took EDI's method for terrain and modified it for a tile-based map. Here's a screenshot (1440x900):
The only problem is that the tiling is very evident, but it would be in a regular tile-based environment anyway. Well, that and I suck at making these splatmaps.
Anyway, I'll be posting what I'm doing, just not what I plan on doing (since that could change about 3 seconds later.)