- AMD Athlon 64 3800+ CPU. I chose not to go for an X2 or other dual-core as I'm still hearing far too many stories about things going wrong.
- Sony 16x DVD drive with all the RW/CDRW and dual layer stuff
- 1.44mb floppy. Hopefully 1980's technology is no longer required but it could help with flashing BIOS's and formatting HDD's...
- Internal 12-in-1 flash card reader. Nice gimmick.
- 160gb SATA-II HDD. Probably nothing special generic job.
- ASUS A8N-SLI SE nForce4 SLI Chipset with SATA/RAID/PCI-E/LAN/USB/5.1 Audio. This will be the part I rely on most for getting Vista alive [oh]
- 1024mb PC3200 RAM. Apparently from Corsair but probably bargin basement stuff anyway.
- Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE 256mb GPU. Likely to be the weakest link - seems to be a derivative of the IGP-style chipsets. Hopefully wont matter as I'll be upgrading to a D3D10 GPU at some point. I always have my beastly 512mb GeForce 6800 to do the "real" work on
I hope it all works out - if Vista chokes on that hardware then I'll be flying over to Seattle on Wednesday with more than liquid explosives in a drinks bottle [evil]