It looked like everything was working fine when all of a sudden some of my UI elements started slowly creeping across the screen. I mean high score strings just started moving when they should just be statically positioned! I have no real idea why their positions are changing. They only thing that I can think of is that I accidentally have physics turned on for those elements.
Why the behaviour would only show up on dual core is another issue entirely. It must have something to do with wonky QPC problems. I turned off thread affinity to try and utilize the OS switching as much as possible but it looks like I may have to turn it back on. I'm going to try and add some debugging crap to see if I'm getting weird QPC values first. The only problem is that the dual core machine isn't mine so no debugging possibilities. Thankfully I put in that debug logging class a while back.