This is the third day in a row where I've actually worked my ass of. It seems the remote sense of structure and schedule has done a lot for my natural productive abilities. I'm actually making steady progress now, and let's face it, if you've been keeping track of this thing, you probably would have figured out by now that I really wasn't making much progress beyond what was minimal.
When I started out with Kingstone I made a mention that a progress update could be expected once a week.. so far I've stuck with that, but only barely. I think I'm going to step it up; From now on, I'll update once per weekday, right after I'm done with my scheduled work. Occasionally I have other obligations like visiting the family, but for most every weekday, I'm going to try and get work done. I really wouldn't want to be labeled as one of those independents that claims that they're working, but really aren't. Although I think I was one until very recently.
Honestly I doubt anybody gives much of a damn, and they honestly shouldn't; Talk is cheap. People need to see results. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have something playable (kind of) up and running. Might be a bit tough, but I think I'll try it anyway.
Finally, just some little things for curiosity. I did a little word counting and found out that I've got about a 1/8 code/comment ratio. I guess that means I'm getting a little better. Secondly, just for kicks, when I was trying to figure out how the hell my heuristic was supposed to work, I ended up using a pen and paper to figure it out. Here's the page I was using at the time, just for the hell of it:
I'm not a terribly structured writer.
Have a good evening, boys and girls.