I also fixed the problems I had with jumping. It seemed to wierd with the slow take-off. Now, it jumps pretty nicely, I just have to pin down a decent max-velocity (I think I found it, but I'm not sure.)
The second coolest thing I implemented today is the modified map system. I switched from storing integer tilenumbers to storing instances of my Tile class. This allows me to expand the tile without having to modify any of the other code (I already have Update() methods in-place, they're just empty at the moment.) The current tile types are death, non-solid, solid, and spring. Non-solid will be used for scenery and hidden areas (a tilenumber of -1 is used for non-existant tiles so that they're skipped during the rendering process.) This will allow me to have some of the nifty hiding places like in Sonic.
The coolest thing I implemented today is spring tiles. They work really good and ANY tile can be a spring tile. I'll have to figure out how to setup an animation of some sort.
I also borrowed some graphics today, just to make things look nice (Super Mario Brothers graphics of course[wink].) Anyway, here's a movie showing the progress so far, an example of the non-solid tiles (I haven't implemented sorting yet, so the entity appears in front of the tiles at the moment), a spring tile, and the in-game editor: linky (3.88mb; 24 seconds; zipped wmv (wmv3 codec).) Questions and comments are welcome!
Malathedra work will be starting up again soon (I think on sunday, the 1st.) I'm also going to be picking back up on ProjectAsrion now that I've got the framework fixed and almost have the GUI finished.
Anyway, bedtime for me. See ya tomorrow!