Ok, I did some testing on IRC earlier, to see if I had any bugs and I ran into a few, though I think most of them were input errors on my end. The button to jump and the button to raise tile friction were the same, so people were raising the friction without realising it and then telling me about horizontal slow-downs lol.
There's only one bug that I haven't been able to reproduce or fix. Krisc from here in the forums was able to pass through one of the spring tiles and is able to reproduce it, so it's definitely an issue. It's just going to be hard to fix without being able to reproduce it myself and I don't want to be sending him 100 different versions an hour to try to fix it =/.
On a good note, Krisc uses Windows Vista, so that means the game runs right on Vista, which makes me happy.
Anyway, I included a readme that has all of the controls and such. Go forward, test it out, try out the map editor (if you want), and report back. Please[grin].
As I get bug reports I'll post 'em here, along with stuff that's not actually a bug:
- Incorrect collision-detection rect (you hit your head too early).
----I haven't implemented a file-system for entities yet, so the collision rect is 32x64 while the sprite is only 32x48.
- Walking through this part of the wall.
----These are non-solid blocks. I'll be using these for secret areas and such.
- Stretching the window stretches the game and throws off the mouse coordinate system.
----I don't quite know how to handle this one. Probably the best idea would be to switch the window style so that it's not resizeable.