I've switched graphics for MalykAI. When originally designing it I had more of a megaman feel in mind, but developing it using Mario graphics made it out to feel more like mario. So, I switched to Megaman sprites and some custom tiles (which are pretty sucky at the moment.) And of course, I introduced like 1000 bugs during the switchover because Megaman sprites are alot fancier and simple reverting animations didn't work. Btw, the Megaman sprites are just temporary.
I also had to modify the editor system since I incorporated a larger tileset. The editor needs a major overhaul, but it works better now. You press F1 to enter editor mode, press F2 when you want to select a tile (and again to hide the tileset) and then place the tile. I also implemented chunk selection, so you can choose more than one tile to place at a time (e.g. a tree or something.)
Anyway, I uploaded a dev-movie and a demo. The demo is pretty much the same as last time, except now the animation is smoother, the editor is better, and it has a little bit different feel. The next demo will be better though. I plan to have enemies and moving platforms in it. Maybe events as well.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
Edit: I rewrote my to-do list so that it pertains to only my current personal project. I also expanded it and corrected the percentages to be accurate of each other.
Edit 2: Also, I'm doing a revision of the design document (because I need to improve a couple things in the story) and I'm thinking of adding a new element to the game - moveable blocks. I thought they might add a decent element to the game. As an added bonus they'll be entities, so I can do stuff like give them AI controllers, set them up to respond to spring tiles, etc. For example I could setup a system like the red bombs in Megaman 8. They look innocent, but then you jump on them and they start counting down and moving. Several times throughout the game the player needs to use them (jump on the bomb and it walks across the spikes so you can leap to the ladder moments before it explodes.)
And, I'm also thinking of adding breakable blocks, but I can't come up with an idea for actually breaking them. I really don't want to add any more items. A new enemy wouldn't be bad though, but I can't think of anything that would really work with the theme of the game.
Again, comments and suggestions are welcome. I'll probably wait to close my design document a couple days to give me some time to think about it.