At the moment I've continued refactoring my code (I had quit and started working on the game) since I need to implement logging and exception handling. This will be my first time using C++ exceptions, so I'll probably end up abusing the hell out of them, which is going to suck.
I also just finished adding some basic string manipulation for std::string. Replace() and Remove() with COW overrides and overrides that take strings. A case-insensitive compare function. snk_kid's ToLower() and ToUpper() functions (respects locale and such) as well as COW overrides. And a Split() function that separates a string into a vector (depending on the separator character you specify.) Edit: Oh, and I added hex-parsing and hex to string functions since I've used them when writing a couple systems in the past.
Html logging is also finished.
I'm about halfway through the code-base; then it's on to the game code, which should be pretty interesting.
This refactoring session will also give me a chance to fix one of my biggest problems with Project MalykAI: EVERY FUCKING CLASS IS IN THE SAME FILE PAIR >_<. Somewhere along the way I got majorly lazy and instead of adding new files, I just stuck with SideScroller.h and SideScroller.cpp which is hella sucky and EXTREMELY hard to navigate.
I also took this chance to try converting over to VC++ EE and I've run into a few problems. Intellisense never seems to update. EVER. Intellisense says that String only has one function even though it's up to 13. It also isn't showing Hex. It's kind of a trade-off; VS2K3 updated correctly, but it just didn't like to show up sometimes. EE seems to show up all the time, but never updates. YAY.
It also doesn't like to show string, map, ofstream, basic_stream, or pretty much any other std class that I use (yes, I'm including the header files.)
When opening files, it adds tabs to the left instead of the right, which is extremely weird IMO.
The tooltip for functions (lists the arguments for a function) doesn't update either. And it also disappears when I press the end key, which is lame.
Updating functions to use the _s versions was easy.
Edit: I just realized that I have no clue when I installed VC++ EE, so it could be a really old edition. I'll have to check that out.