Edit: The black background is because I had to convert them from .ico to .bmp to post them. Normally everyone except the "Icon of Sin" would be transparent.
- Arch Vile
- Hell Knight
- Doom Logo
- Lost Soul
- Pain Elemental
- Icon of Sin
(I left out the monsters that I didn't like or wouldn't scale properly)
Second, it would appear that I HAVE to use the BSP data, there's no other way to display large levels. I tried sorting eveything by texture and putting it in one big vertex buffer(basically the fastest method I could use) and the FPS was only around 40 on large levels(it was 3-6 before, but 40 is still crappy).
Third, I have implemented some obstacle and decoration type THINGS(yes everything in Doom is in caps). I also dropped the D3DXSprite billboarding and went with my own version. I've been working with mouselook enabled so when I would look strait down at a sprite it would appear "pasted" to the terrain. Now only the Y axis is changed.
(yes the screenshot is crap)
That's it for now. I have midterms this week(like everyone else it seems), but I'll try to have a decent renderer by the weekend.
Also, please remember to donate to The Church of the Immaculate Ravuya.