I'll be dropping Skirmish now. I don't know if it's on a 'for now' or 'for ever' basis, but that's the status it'll be taking on. It's primarily a matter of time; which my university workload doesn't allow me a lot of. I'd just rather focus on completing games, rather than spending (potentially) years on an online game that is never truly complete. I apologize to everyone, of course, but with that I hope you all understand my motives.
8-Day Challenge (Part One)
Today I was cordially challenged to an 8-day (we didn't like one week) game development challenge, by an old developer friend, splattergnome. Just a friendly gamedev battle between gentlemen, really. [smile] But in light of the above events, I accepted. We discussed and discussed, and decided upon the following ruleset:
- A 2D game.
- Must be sufficiently playable in one or short sittings.
- Must contain some element(s) of randomness in the gameplay, to enhance replayability.
- All code must be from scratch, sans existing libraries.
- No language/library restrictions.
- Game must involve the theme, 'bacteria'.
- Game must be completed by midnight on Sunday November 4th, GMT.
So far I'm baffled for a way to incorperate this theme, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. I'm pretty much midterm-free this week, so how else better to spend this time? [smile]
I assume splattergnome will also be updating his journal, contained here. Good luck all around!