Anyway, I called my aunt and uncle (they work for the company) and they had cable so nobody was aware that anybody was without cable. They didn't actually say anything about fixing it, so I assumed that it wouldn't be done until later today, but it came back on about two hours ago (actually it's been flickering on and off for a little while, but it's remained on for the last two hours.)
Instead of sitting around doing nothing, I decided to spend the whole day doing things that I would have done over the week. This way there will be less interruptions and I can (hopefully) finish Quill by Friday.
So, I didn't get anywhere with Quill today, but in the last 20 or so minutes I did implement foreground and background scrolling textures which adds a lot to the game (rather than the lame single color background.) Anyway, here are two screenshots and a movie. The fog is in the foreground (above the tiles) while the clouds & darkness are in the background (behind the tiles.) At the moment both scroll at the same speed, but I'll fix that when I get a chance.
Movie (6mb; zipped; wmv)
(Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome.)
Looking through some of my old MalykAI code I noticed the cause of one of the problems I was having. I was wondering why I had to use such huge numbers to move (my speed, which was what the player's velocity was increased by, was set to 1024 and pretty much anything lower was crappy.) And, I noticed a little bit of an issue; I was increasing the velocity by speed * time-scale and then moving by position + (velocity * time-scale), which I'm pretty sure was one of the big problems.
Anyway, I'm off to bed so I can get some crap done before Raymond gets out of work.