I have found some time to do some more cleanup work on my engine. After getting the major refactoring pass done I've been working on some small samples. I had an old MIDP cell phone game that I ported to my engine a while ago so I wanted to update that to use the new object model. It ended up being more work than I figured since it was still using a bunch of my old DDraw objects which I've since cut from the engine. But I was able to get everything up and running so all is good. I plan to add one more small sample to show off how to use physics and collision detection. After that it's onto documentation.
I do have plans to do a second refactoring pass in the next month or so to make sure my objects are consistent and behave the same. I have some vacation time that I need to burn before then end of the year so I think I'll use some of that time for that.