A huge thanks to everyone who gave feedback; good and bad! Thanks to the given suggestions and bug reports, I've updated the game to a hopefully improved form. Here's what's new:
- Game no longer (sometimes) randomly jumps to the end of the game.
- Ship should no longer get stuck on small clusters of pixels.
- The laser weapon now appears on the radar.
- The Boss has a much larger radar blip now.
- Radar indicators for enemies eating AND splitting.
- Enemies visibly darken before they split.
- Enemies produce a cool new sound before splitting.
- Sound effects on title screen now play properly.
- Boss now starts as idle at the middle of the stage, rather than moving towards you a bit at first.
- Laser beam now leaves a fading trail. Looks cool.
- Freeze-Count now resets on player death.
More than enough to go around. Although I asked all of you nice folks to try out the game yesterday, I must now ever-so-politely ask again. It's really important to me that all of the bugs get rooted out! :)
If you've played before, give it another go, even if it's just to see the cool new laser effect. If you haven't played, well, prepare to have some fun!