- Finish star system
load, save, activation
- Finish actor manager, so other ships are created in the system with you (even though they won't have brains attached yet, so they'll just sit there)
- Start on Named Actor table, allowing some "special" NPCs to survive the load/save of systems
- Write prototype HUD and menu system so you can choose which system to warp to
- Write system deactivation/activation code when witchdrive is activated
- Write proper game class to run all of this from, and make a clean main loop.
Expect more after my exams are done (somewhere near 20 Dec). I'm very disappointed in my performance this semester, both in class and working independently, but I suppose it can't be avoided due to work overload and family stuff. I really should probably push this aside for now and do a 'tiny' game just to get myself happy for now.
Next semester will be much better -- I have four courses plus a research position, but the research position has a relatively minimal amount of work and pays pretty well. Next year, I have a great research position which I can't wait to tell you all about when it happens.
Anyway, enough moping about. Time to provide some screenshots for you chaps and lasses.
Here's the new logo:
As for other stuff... I've been working with a few .NET developers to port their engine frameworks over to Mac OS X, and preparing to build the first PropaneInjector.NET application on OS X so I can provide that as an option for those of you who really like C# but are turned off by Tao's bad alternative platform support, such as myself.
Please love me. [crying]
EDIT: Have a screenshot from my raytracer assignment. Them's some two spheres getting their Phong on. Next up will have to be reflection and refraction and shadows and multiple lights. Yaay!