250g Packet of Scotch Finger biscuits (or shortbread biskuts)
1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut
1/2 cup Almond Meal (or 1/2 cup of well blended nuts)
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 cup Icing Suguar (or Confectioners Sugar)
1 cup Raisins
100ml Glucose Syrup (or Corn Syrup)
100ml Bundaburg Rum (underproof brown rum)
1 cup Dessicated Coconut
1 cup Chocolate Sprinkles (or Jimmies)
1) Put the Scotch Finger biscuts into a blender and blend until fine
2) Chop the raisins into small pieces, this is best done with a knife, as the blender is likely to pulverize them :P. You want to keep going untill all the raisins have pretty much been chopped at least once.
3) Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
4) Fold in the wet incrediants gradually, and mix (with the wooden spoon) until all ingrediants are combined. At this point the mixture should have a fairly thick, sticky consistancy.
5) Cover the mixture and put it in the fridge for a few hours to chill. It will be ready for the next step when it has a hard play-dough consistancy.
6) Using your hands, roll the mixture into approx 2-3cm (1 inch) ball shapes, and coat with either coconut or chocolate sprinkles. You should be able to get around 3 dozen if you haven't been snacking on the mixture.
7) Place the rum balls in the fridge so that they retain shape until they are ready to be served.
8) Remember: Don't eat rum balls and drive!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS :)