Thanks also for the kudos on Zombie Kitten Attack. From the number of people playing, it appears to be well-received.
Any comments? Too easy? Too difficult? Too just-right?
Maggie's now climbing the walls waiting for school to start again (wednesday). Today she dressed in a ballet outfit and declared that we would be bringing her to ballet class. We tried to explain to her. . .
1. Today is new year's day and any place offering ballet classes is closed.
2. We tried to take you to a ballet class a year ago and you got completely bored with the repetitiveness of it.
3. You are completely uninterested in actual ballet. You just like to wear a leotard and spin around to "Crazy Frog".
4. I ain't gonna sign you up to a hundred bucks worth of anything just because you're bored.
She, of course, is undeterred.
My to-do list for 2007.
- Finish all of my short-term goals from a couple of days ago. This shouldn't be a problem because all but one are already done. The only one left is the "email me my scores every day" function. And that's gonna be a pain because I have to not only figure out how to run PHP as a cron-job, but I have to generate a FOURTH high score table for each game. Every night, each game currently generates three tables, the very pretty HTML one with award bitmaps and Flash playback-utility for the game page, an RSS version for the individual game, a meta-RSS one for the entire set. Now I'll need to generate a barebones HTML version with all of a single day's scores to be emailed to people.
- Make four more daily puzzles (suggestions always welcome).
- Make standalone versions of those daily puzzles, most likely to be merged with the existing six and released as a 12-pack, as my daily puzzle pack sales pale in comparison to Bulldozer, so I'll make it a better deal.
- Make an online level builder for an enhanced standalone "uber-bulldozer".
- Hold another level design contest on gamedev with a PS3 or an Xbox or something like that as a prize.
- Release uber-bulldozer.
- Do the same thing for "Puzzle Pies" (working title), which is a game similar to that "Kidstation Feuerwehr" game that I wrote a couple of years back.
- Make a really cheap pack of small arcade games, either ones that I've already written (Olive Wars, Worm Sojurn) or ones based on some from my old game-pack that really deserve an update (Think Tank, Zap Pod, etc).
After that I'll retire. Or at least I'll spend a little more time trying to market this mighty pile of games :)