The engine (LOL.Engine) I haven't decided to release yet, so I'll just put the dll here to link to it.
Step by step guide
- Download the C# source code here - You will need Visaul Studio 2005 (or C# express)
- If you don't have Tao's OpenGl/Al libraries already, download the dependencies. You don't need these for compiling, but you'll need them to run the project.
- I have included a csproj file, but if you don't like that for some reason (or are trying to do it with mono), you'll need to add the cs files in the "src" and "Properties" directories, and add the reference to LOL.Engine.dll which is placed at the root of TTT directory
- To modify game data, change the XML files in the "media" directory. The file ttt.xml is loaded first and decides how the screen looks like and everything, and then each stage has a separate resource file and some map files there
- If you run the game in release mode, it will automatically package the media directory into a ttt.pak file, so don't forget to delete that when you modify your media files. When distributing, you can just run your release .exe file from the root TTT dir and get the pak file, so you wouldn't have to release your media files with it