Anyways, here you are; the first screenshot from the first bit of work on Vista (even though I'm still using mdx):
The colored boxes are 3x3 table layouts. The second has its rows set to a fixed percentage and columns to a fixed pixel distance. It's pretty trivial to allow multiple cell objects (as you can see). The green box is a test of the new TiedRect which will always keep it tied from the top of the kanji widget to the top of the shadow text widget.
Vista btw ships with a buttload more (~150 more) fonts than win2k. I didn't quite notice until the demo displayed them all for me. 'tis all the little things that make it nice. It's also been rock solid for me once I got all the drivers installed and the first week of updates (so 6 weeks or so according to uptime).
Not much, but it's progress. Next should be the modularity additions to the resource managers to allow skinning sort of behavior.