Today I started working on the scene editor. I decided to use Python, OpenGL, and some sort of widget toolkit. I was originally intending to use Tkinter, but I soon discovered that support for it has pretty much disappeared. So I switched over to wxPython, and I'm finding it quite nice so far. Anyway, I managed to get some basic GUI stuff figured out as well as loading all the basic resources including scenes, models, meshes, materials, and textures. Only the meshes and textures are binary, the other three are text formats. Here is a shot of the editor in its current state. Next up is camera movement, adding new forms to the scene, and saving the scene.