Today, like every Friday, I went to work on Procyon. My partner, David Baumgart, was busy with a presentation, so I had to work today without him. Nevertheless, I managed to get a few things accomplished. First off, I switched from immediate mode to vertex arrays. This had a huge impact on PyOpenGL and our framerate went from ~15 to ~60. I wanted to use vertex buffers, but PyOpenGL has been refusing to initialize the function pointers... Next up was lighting. I had been trying to get this to work off and on before, but I recently realized that I needed to initialize glNormal before it would work. Silly me. So I created a bunch of different light types, all derived from a base Light class. There are some for different kinds of flickering, rotation (ie: searchlights), pulsating (ie: alarms). So of course I had to go all the way and make spinning disco lights as well.
Here is our somewhat hackish but fairly functional in-game level editor:
Unfortunately I didn't get around to making any new content today. Hopefully next time.