I've now got the full suite of features needed for this kind of signal up and running; signals can connect and disconnect slots, and both appear to perform nicely with each other when deleted. I'll need to clean up the code a bit more to make it usable in a larger system, and a few more tests to be on the safe side is a good idea, but I think it's nearly prototype ready. I can then move on to the signals that can send arguments and make a few variants.
It's also now only one month before the competition I've started gets underway, so I need to put a bit of time into some preparation. By the weekend I should have a working draft of some rules up, and by the end of next week I need to nail down exactly what format this competition will take. I'll start posting more topics in the forums on this in days to come, partly to solicit suggestions, partly to spread the word about the competition.