Things what I have learned in hospital:
- Not eating or moving for ten or so days is a fantastic way to loose lots of weight. It's not a great idea if like me you don't have any spare weight to loose.
- Hospital food is shit, but even they can't mess up a bowl of cereal and some toast. After breakfast it's all downhill from there.
- Morphine is shockingly good, and seems to start work in under 30 seconds.
- In the "critical care" section (which I fortunately only spent a couple of days) everything beeps. Constantly. Going to sleep is therefore impossible.
- Doctors are apparently using cocaine now during operations to help stop bleeding. (I'm still unsure about this one. I'm certain that's what they said, but I was probably too drugged up to remember correctly).
- Being in hospital is mind-numbingly boring.
On the plus side I had plenty of time to sit around and go over ideas for my next game. I need to do a whole bunch of tech tests first to check that some things are possible, so for now all I'm saying is it's a Pac Man/Mario/Comix Zone fusion and will probably borrowing heavily from films like The Fugitive and Sin City.