Now for the good news (some of you that have been following previous projects might see this as bad news, but I assure you that it isn't.)
I'm adding multiplayer capabilities to it. You'll be able to specify keyboard/mouse or gamepad input for each player (obviously keyboard input will be shared, so you'll only want one person using the keyboard/mouse setup; if any at all) and there will be a multiplayer mode outside of coop.
Btw, the max number of players will be four.
What all is going to be included? Not sure. I'm off to design it all now. Obviously I'll also be adjusting my milestones. linkofazeroth suggested I split my milestones into separates phases, so I'm going to do that. Phase One will be for the 'storyline' part of the game (single and coop play.) Phase Two will be for the multiplayer part of the game.
I'll update later once I've got everything designed out.
Just FYI, this is only on a single pc; there won't be any networking code.
Question for you guys: Do you think four players is too many for coop mode?
Wewt, XInput is completely finished. I set it up for all four controllers. My class keeps track of previous states and has variables for event-based input. It also tracks whether or not the controller is plugged in.
For the first time ever, I'm going to have to spend money to continue development on a project. I have to buy either a second wired 360 controller or the wireless receiver (well, I might not have to. I'm going to see if my friend will give me his wired since he has 2 or 3 wireless.)
And I just realized that I'm going to have to modify my KeyMapInput class to support the new buttons as well as modifying all of my loading code to support them.
I've got another hour and a half before I need to go to bed, so we'll see what I can get done. Work tomorrow and then again the following morning, so I won't be getting much done until Sunday afternoon.
SO, I guess I didn't have it totally set up. I missed a whole bunch of shit lol. I've got it pretty much totally setup, but I need to change a few small things. I've got it setup for one player at the moment; I'll go through and set it up for more once I get another controller to use.
I also set the engine up so that I can specify when and where the GUI should be controlled via the controller (by moving the cursor with the left thumbstick and 'left-clicking' with A. The GUI see's it as a left mouse-click as well.)
And now I have to go to bed. Need to be up for work in a few hours.