I didn't add that much more to Brixtar yesterday. Unfortunately most of my time was taken up hunting down an annoying pointer bug deep in the bowels of the signal system that forms the core of my whole system. I forgot to put reference counting on the memory structure I use to store the function pointers, so when I started copying objects with this structure (such as when I store them in a list) and then deleting them, weird things happened. It took me a while to track this down, as with pointer errors it's often not the object in question that shows the error.
No screenshot for this day, as it looks similar to before. New additions:
- Life counter in bottom left of screen
- The ball now starts stuck on the paddle, press SPACE to launch the ball
- Prototype powerup; I've implemented a multiball powerup using the ball code; it acts just like a ball except it cannot break bricks and is activated when it touches the paddle. I'm not sure if I'll keep it this way however, as it can be distracting to have moving objects on the screen that aren't the ball.