I'm going to be brief and to the point: learn what a pedestrian is, and how to interact appropriately with them while you are driving.
Things which you should not do:
- Slow down as if your car just caught fire. I know it's rare to see people using their legs in this country of lard-assed retards, but please, stop hitting the brakes. It makes me wonder if something important is going on, and I dislike checking over my shoulder every 20 seconds to make sure someone isn't about to stick a knife in my back.
- Veer wildly into the other lane. I'm five feet away from you, and likely on a sidewalk. You're not going to hit me. You may, however, hit the poor person who is driving in the other lane.
- Flash your headlights in my face. I know you're coming, you inconsiderate prick. I could hear your car half a block away and see the lights from even farther. Also, having two high-power halogens pointed into your eyes hurts. I swear, every time someone does this, I want to drag them out of their car by the hair and pulse a few megawatts of laser revenge into their retinas.
- Roll down the window and yell. Again, I know I'm a rare sight. Please don't remind me.
- Honk wildly as if I just did something wrong. Look, I'm just trying to cross the damn street. I was still twenty metres away from you by the time I got to the other side of the road; there's not a chance in hell I endangered you in any way. Don't lay on the horn like I did something stupid.
Things which you should do:
- Just drive your stupid car and pretend I'm not there. You probably are too busy yapping on the phone to have seen me in the first place, so I'll take responsibility for getting out of your fool way, should that become necessary.
In related news, I hate this city, and wish everyone would drop dead, or learn how to drive (in order of descending preference).
This has been a public rage announcement. Thank you.