Ah, today is a long weekend day off. It is supremely excellent, and I got a lot of stuff done on Novarunner. Well, that is, when I wasn't waiting at the clinic or driving to/from the mall to pre-order Bioshock (pre-order NOW, stores in the US have reported as many as 200 pre-orders for the Collectors' Edition).
So what's really new today? In order to see that, we need to go to my SVN commit log for today.
- Added unit test for Weapon
- Bulked up unit test for ShipStats
- Projectiles now know who launched them
- Ships now track who last hit them and who killed them
- Ships now die, and communicate to the game mode who killed them
- Game mode now handles ship damage
- Weapons now save/load their minimum and maximum damage, and can do a quick roll to calculate the damage
- Weapons now have a unit test for save/load from XML
- Ships do unit testing to figure out if their kills are correct
- Ammo used is updated by the HUD, but no achievement linkage yet.
Busy day! And still more to come.
Spent some time working on the general engine filesystem layout and started blasting Doxygen over it. I think this design will really speed up and make my rendering way cleaner.
Link of the DayOMGWTF CATS
(watch the video).