Moderators of GDNet have to spent our free time filtering out the crap on these forums. Comes with the job and I accept that - filtering out mindless spam and so on. What I get a bit stressed about is repeated laziness.
I'm at the point where I'll happily slap down anyone in the DX forum if they show no attempt at solving their own problem. The absolute worst is if you copy-n-paste the forum post into live/google and find it appears on 5 other message boards [rolleyes].
I don't think I can even brand this activity as stupid - Quite the contrary, I think these people are probably quite smart. They've realised they can spam their problem across 10..100 forums and by statistics alone they'll get a reply sooner or later.
- "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" is a damned good example of a lazy programmer.
- Direct X Build Problem is another goodun. Lots of resources online if they'd only chosen to search for a few minutes.
- Color Problems an almost perfect case of a copy-n-paste n00b.
- Why wont this render!?!?!? Good descriptive subject line and something that ultimately revealed to be poor debugging skills. Good luck in the real world.
- general bad etiquette combined with an obvious lack of search engines. I can find answers to that error message inside of a minute, even a n00b could to it in 14 minutes and 14 seconds the n00b had to wait for an answer [rolleyes].
Yes, I'm getting stoppy. Imagine me sitting here stamping my feet.