In other news, I have decided to spend a week creating a game. This game will be named Quadroids. It will be a multiplayer asteroids game, and it will actually have asteroids in the game! I was initially thinking about making it 4 players, but I might bump that up to 16 players. I would likely call the game Hexroids if I did that.
I don't want people to have to find other people with the game to play it, so I will be making a simple matching service for the game. I have figured out how I can use a simple PHP page to do the matching. I'll probably document the interesting parts of the implementation and cover them in this journal.