- Install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Install DirectX SDK from November 2007
- Open up the sample browser, install tutorial 07 (the most complex that doesn't involve DXUT)
- Change #include
to be #include
- Change ID3D10Device* to ID3D10Device1* in the global variable declarations
- Replace the line:
hr = D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain( NULL, g_driverType, NULL, createDeviceFlags, D3D10_SDK_VERSION, &sd, &g_pSwapChain, &g_pd3dDevice );
hr = D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain1( NULL, g_driverType, NULL, createDeviceFlags, D3D10_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0, D3D10_1_SDK_VERSION, &sd, &g_pSwapChain, &g_pd3dDevice );
- Change the project's linker settings to reference d3d10_1d.lib / d3d10_1.lib instead of d3d10d.lib / d3d10.lib.
- Hit "F5" to build and run.
A Direct3D 10.0 application running via the 10.1 runtimes. Easy!
Change D3D10_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0 to be D3D10_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1 and receive E_NOTIMPL for both hardware and software devices. Hmpf!