The lack of updates stem from having precious little to talk about; I've been busily trying to redevelop my website into a single, modular, extensible code base rather than having a large number of insular sub-webs.
Here's a whistle-stop tour of the various iterations of my website; whilst the underlying technology has improved in quality quite significantly it's evident that I couldn't design good looking websites for toffee.
Initially I just used the site to provide links to and information about the various calculator programs I was working on - hence its name, calc83plus. This was hosted for free, and so was just static HTML with each page having different content copied and pasted in.
Hang on, this web host supports ASP scripting, and I know VB, so... why not make it server-side script driven? So I did. This version of the site allowed me to log in and post news articles directly with comments, and used server-side includes to insert the body of pages into a template.
I switched web hosts, and had a static placeholder page up for a fairly lengthy period until I decided to use my new PHP knowledge to build something that I could use to provide an image gallery for some of the VB and C projects I'd been working on. The host also supports ASP, but I'd decided that I never had anything interesting to say anyway so a news and comments system wouldn't be of much use. An inextensible system meant that the various new projects I developed ended up scattered all over the place in unrelated sub-webs and news posts resumed with my GDNet+ account.
Which leads us neatly to this; a design that is quite blatently "inspired" by GameDev.net's (and provides news updates by screen-scraping GDNet) but which can be used to host information about pictures, projects and a gallery in one centralised location and can be easily extended with new modules.