I also redid the entire site so that it would be standards compliant (at least the validator I used says so). It now renders perfectly on both IE7 and Firefox, and honestly there wasn't that much of a difference. In fact the only compatibility issue I ran into was with the float css tag, and all I had to do to get a correct result on firefox was make sure it had an accompanying clear style tag.
The site is now driven by php and mysql as well. Before.. well.. let's just say it wasn't so pretty.
I've also updated the image gallery to use Lightbox to display the images. The result is a much better looking image gallery.
And finally, against my better judgement I added proper forums. PHPBB forums to be exact. I'm going to be sorry for that I'm sure.
I plan on putting up a wiki (twiki is what I'm going to use I think) for documentation, but I'm still learning how all that works. It sounds painful.
Anyway, go to tape-worm.net and check it all out.