Okay, it doesn't look like the rest of the gamedev brass had much of a hand in it (IOW, not much black, gray, and royal blue), but the above comic did give me a chuckle. Whenever I see one of those "I'm putting together a l33t dev-team" posts, I always feel the need to chime in and ask how much the job pays. If the answer is "nothing yet, but you'll get BIG BIG ROYALTIES when it's done", I know it's not to be taken seriously.
Makes me wish I had the net-equivalent of a yellow police sawhorse and a person standing next to it saying "Nothing to see here".
In other news, I've signed on for a second stint in contract development. Apparently I'm perfect for the job because it's a game that's. . .
- A genre of game I never play
- Based on a platform that I find completely annoying
- Using an API that bothers me
- Written in a programming language that I haven't written a line of code in in two years
- Based on a movie that I probably won't see