TA dieded today, so I got to test my MUD with 4 or 5 people, which worked pretty well. It didn't die horribly at least, although there were a few bugs / features:
- Some people missed the "Enter 'newuser' to create an account" bit, and then bitched when they couldn't log in
- Some cretin named dwarfsoft managed to sign up with the username "_" (no quotes)
- There were complaints when I mentioned the passwords were stored in plaintext
- There was a bug in the registration script which spewed an error if you entered an invalid username. And people thought that was a crash, and didn't try a different username
- People complained that the password has to be 6 characters long
- 15 characters isn't enough for the username "MattIsSuperAwesome"
- There was a bug in the online user list command, which showed idle times in seconds instead of minutes
So I've fixed all of the above points. I need to add more commands, but I first need to implement a TrimText function (Since it's a little complicated; the string "<-cff9900>lol" is 3 letters long, not 13 and needs the tags taken into consideration).
Although me currently getting drunk and lurking on Active Topics isn't really helping progress. Ahem...