Sorry for not posting anything here for so long. I've been really busy, and I'm sort of working on two projects now :-) For info about Urban Empires see the bottom of the post [grin]
Sooo what have I been up to?
The project is not announced publicly yet, and I don't really plan on doing so until a public version of the game is nearly ready for release. The game is also unsigned, so I guess I'll be looking for a publisher soon. Otherwise I'll self publish this one. Hopefully some publishers will be interested in it :-)
I have scheduled 4 months to work on this project, artwork is 80-90% complete, and the code is probably 60-70% complete after about 1.5 months of work :-D
I'm happy about that. This project also has about 5% of the budget Urban Empires had ;-) And is similar in terms of 'SCALE!'.
I have been coding for about 8-9 weeks now and I've got a lot done.
All I'm going to say is '64 player online xxxxx combat, where you get to build your own xxxxx'...basically. With a few twists, etc. :-)
Terrain WIP image from earlier tonight -
UPDATE: Some of the 'things'...this is all early WIP stuff...
In the last few weeks I've...
- Design / Spec artwork
- Draft concept art
- Game engine core [ input, win32, scripting, misc, etc. ]
- 128-bit HDR rendering pipeline and asset management system
- '1 million' particle gpu based imposter/particle system.
- GPU based instancing system for foliage/trees, etc.
- Model loading / rendering with color/norm/spec maps on all objects.
- Terrain lighting / ambient occlusion algorithms.
- Soft shadows & a 'new' sort of hybrid shadowing/lighting system :-o [ more later ]
- 90% All necessary in-game shaders
- Minimap rendering / generation
- Volumetric clouds
- Network code infrastructure
- Water rendering / shading
- Video playback
- 10 million other things I'm forgetting
That's it for Mystery project 1
Aaaaand as most of you know that I've been working on a multiplayer RTS/Action gangster game, Urban Empires, for many years now. Well I'm still working on it...but I'm going to release that small project first. :-)
There are many reasons for me doing this. I'm sorry for the people eagerly awaiting the release of Urban Empires ( hehe )...it will be here soon enough :-)
Due to my *cough* lack of entries all my sweet stuff has fallen off the main journal landing page...
Fortunately you can click the month links at the right side -> to get to all the other entries :-)
OR YOU CAN CLICK THIS TASTEY LINK