Oluseyi has been posting up mock-up images of the new site homepage for people to comment on. If you want a hand in crafting the new site version than make sure you're checking his journal every now and then (or just come here cause I'll let you know when he updates). He's hoping to get some additional mock-ups posted this week as well. Let us know what you think!
Well I completely failed to mention last week that our first book was released on the 13th - Business and Production: A GameDev.net Collection. Pick up a copy and let us know what you think. I'm looking forwards to hearing reviews - nothing's been posted up on Amazon.com yet and you can also submit a review for the book page here on GDNet as well.
The next two books is due out on February 10, with a fourth landing on February 24. I just saw the cover art for the Beginning Programming one, so I should be able to feature that here next week.
We're also looking to work with the folks over at IndustryBroadcast on audio excerpts from the books as well.
And let's not also forget about the other GDNet book, Programming Vertex, Geometry, and Pixel Shaders. The writing team and GDNet are working on the print on-demand version for people who want a copy they can carry around with them and leaf through.
- Norihiko Hibino - GDC09 Interview with Norihiko Hibino - CEO, Composer and Producer at GEM Impact
- Become a Video Game Designer: Everything You Need to Know - More so than any other discipline in the video game industry, the game designer is the most outwardly glamorous position. The game designer is the linchpin that holds animation, art, and programming together. So, how do you become one?
- Advanced 2D Game Development - We review Jonathan Harbour's latest book on advanced 2D development in C++.
- The Future of Packaged Media @ Los Angeles, CA, United States - February 3, 2009 to February 4, 2009
- Qantm Twilight Tour @ London, United Kingdom - February 11, 2009
- Audio For Games @ London, United Kingdom - February 11, 2009 to February 13, 2009
- BAFTA Games Awards @ London, United Kingdom - March 10, 2009
- Engage! Expo 2009 @ New York, NY, United States - March 10, 2009 to March 11, 2009
- Game Based Learning 2009 Conference @ London, United Kingdom - March 19, 2009 to March 20, 2009
- GDC Canada @ Vancouver, Canada - May 12, 2009 to May 13, 2009
- Nordic Game Conference and Career Expo @ Malmo, Sweden - May 19, 2009 to May 20, 2009
- Qantm Open Day @ London, United Kingdom - May 31, 2009
- Interfaces Conference @ Troy, MI, United States - June 6, 2009
- Qantm Study Day @ London, United Kingdom - June 13, 2009
- GDC Europe @ Cologne, Germany - August 17, 2009 to August 19, 2009
- Dubai World Game Expo @ Dubai, United Arab Emirates - October 27, 2009 to October 29, 2009