I wish I could say the entity system is done, but I can't. What I have is working, but it's kind of cobbled together and not very functional. Same goes for the animation system, though it's much better off than the entity system. The problem being that neither of the systems are very "instance" friendly. They're pretty much setup at the moment so that everything would have it's own copy, which is not what I want of course. It's the age-old data and representation separation situation and I completely ignored it for some reason lol.
Not a complete waste of the night though, as I figured out what information each of the involved classes will need and weeded out some of the stuff that they won't.
I'm off to bed now though; I have to work tomorrow and it's not going to be fun with it being the 4th.