The working name of the game is Project Baltar. So, the solution I created has that name, and I had no choice but to name the engine Gaius. No choice at all [smile]. The engine itself is a static library. And I inserted the following code to be tested:
So now that I have this native code that I want to test, I create a test project, which in the New Project dialog is under Visual C++ -> Test -> Test Project. I called it GaiusTest. The key thing to note is that you need to set the /clr flag, as opposed to /clr:safe to allow the native interop.
To the default test class that was created by the wizard, UnitTest1.cpp I added the include
#include "../Gaius/example.h"and inserted the test code you see in the following shot. In order to make this compile I added Gaius as a dependency for GaiusTest by right clicking on GaiusTest in the Solution Browser pane and selecting Project Dependencies.
Finally to run the test, I selected Test->Windows->Test List Editor. There was only the one test on the list, so I ticked the box beside it, and hit the Run Checked Tests button at the top left of the test list editor window. And this is the final result: