So I finally got Tanto to compile and run in VC++ Express. It was a bit of a pain, but I managed. First off, for some reason, VC++ Expres couldn't find Windows.h. WTF? So since I still had VC++ 6 installed, I placed the path to that include folder all the way at the bottom of Express' Include directories. Problem solved. Next I had a few minor errors that came from using a new compiler vs an out-dated one. Those were easily overcome. Then I had to spend a few minutes fixing a bug that cause Tanto to close immediatly after running.
I also plugged two memory leaks. The first was pointed out to me in this thread, and the second was from my console not releasing its command queue at the end of the application. Yey, memory leak free once again! I know for sure cause no leaks were detected during debug mode thanks to this code.
So a decent day overall, at least I managed to get some coding done finally. I also finally got around to posting an ad for selling my landboard that I use for kiting. I haven't ridden it as much as I thought I would, and I could use the few hundred bucks about now.
Okay, I think I'm gunna go watch a movie before bed. Wheeee...