The old life
Last Friday I said I finished my very first project only to discover two days later, when I was, full of enthusiasm, working on the next release, that I had a very, very big bug:
Let's say we have window one.
Then we create window two and make it a child of window one.
Instead of working properly, the first window got all the messages of window two. So if I want close window two, I will close window one.
This 'disaster' caused me to stop implementing new functionality for a while and looked at what I already had and see how I could improve it. One of the thing I saw was that I had a lot of template classes that didn't need to be templates. So instead of having 12, I now have 8 template classes which really cleaned up a lot of my code.
And that's it. That's all that happened from last Friday to 5 minutes ago when I started writing this entry.
See you next time.