[DEVELOPMENT: Archetype Engine]
Ok, so I haven't been saying very much this month. I had a bout where I REEEALLY wanted to play a good space based 4x game, but failed to find one that fit my desire. After that, I tried X2: The Threat on Linux. Fun game, but a little too pricey at the moment for me to buy. This lead me to Freespace2 Open. FUN Game. Which just lead me back to wanting to continue my engine. Every false start I had in finding a game to play just kept me saying "well, I'll just make one, then"!
I have a few new ideas kicking around in my head. My original idea is still a goal of mine, but I have new side realms to venture into with my engine as I develop it. Heck, nothing wrong with multiple projects. Anyway... A couple of days ago, I finished writing my first Blender exporter for 3D models. Nothing fancy yet. All it exports are the basics (verts, tex-coords, norms, and faces) and exports them into a OBJ-ish plain text format (I do seem to love adding ISH to all my stuff). Ironically, I haven't written a loader for my engine to load the model file yet because I'm still ironing out the details on how the graphic submodule (which I'm now calling "occular" instead of "view") is going to be organized.
Along THAT line, I finally added textures. The demo I wrote it VERY simple. It creates a basic one color texture. I'll probably expand on that as time goes on, but image loading DOES work.
And... that about wraps up this update.