Ok, I've reached the first milestone in this crunch session. I had a slow start, in fact I didn't get moving until 5:30 because I ended up taking a shower after my walk.
In the first three hours I've managed to come up with a more specific game plan. I had to make a decision on how things were going to progress, either start from scratch on the editor, or use the existing work that I had previously done. I decided to start optimizing what I had done after about an hour of looking over the current code.
So, the first steps I'm making are optimizing the current code. I'm changing some text bitmap creation to render to a texture so for example the grid being drawn doesn't have to make thousands of passes each frame. It can be initialized once and then only redrawn when the visible section is moved.
There's some more optimization that I'll be working on as well before I begin implementing the new features. Simply because as it stands, the frame rate is horrendous.
I'm only going to be working until 10pm tonight so that I can get an early start in the morning. Break is up in approximately five minutes. So, I'm done with the log for now. Later nets.