I found a strange bug with the way I was parsing the script/xml file, and I honestly don't understand what it doesn't work. I'm glad I realized it early though, cause there is a good handful of conversions like these.
if (data->Attribute("string") == "Foobar")
id = Foobar;
This is using TinyXML, and attribute does return a std::string but for some reason that comparison always fails. Despite the fact that the value being return does match up. I would hope the debugger isn't lying to me about the values. Simply setting a string for use in the comparison avoids the issue. But I'm curious what is actually causing the problem.
Back to finishing the last animation, I wish I had a tablet. I love drawing, but using a mouse is such a pain. Next time I'll have a little app put together that can force the triggers that cause animations and effects to work. Just for the viewing pleasure.
PS. A small peek at the script that will be used.