The Word Designer has now been fully planned! It will consist of the following:
- Tile Layer
- Object Layer
- Sprite Layer (For the main character / Enemies (Most will be generated randomly in the area)
I will allow:
- New Map
- Save Map
- Load Map
- Map Options (For increasing, or decreasing map size)
There will also be an active scroll bar for the tile area.
I did receive a comment in the last entry to use other tools, however the entire reason for these projects is to use Allegro 5 to create my games, and tools. My code base is mainly from Allegro 4 with C++, and other Libraries, plus C#. My C# level editor is full featured for collision, tile or free based layering, plus properties per object, and would make a better edition than re-making something like this. The only reason I will not use my C# Editor is because of my intent to use Allegro 5 for all tools.
Task 3's object is to simply create a working world designer that can make a new map, adjust the size, save the map, load the map, and place tiles and objects on the map. The collision part will be a simple task as well. Due to my previous code base, this will be an extremely simple process.
Task 3's Goals:
- Create the GUI for the World Designer
- Program the Menu
- Program each Layer for Placing
- Program the Tiles / Objects / Sprite Selection Area
- Program the Scrollbar for the Selection Area
- Program New Map
- Program Save Map
- Program Load Map
- Program Map Options
I will post a video of my complete product!
Thank you for reading!