So today I focused 100% on it and it's mostly ready - wrapping it up, these were the main activities:
- Created both panels (the sequence of steps on the left, and the panel with the details on the current step)
- Created the content (script) for the first tutorial city (it's currently with 16 steps)
- Finished and tweaked the tutorial engine (triggers, delays, etc)
- Changed the initial Boss speech inside the Boss room to match the tutorial (instead of telling the usual, the boss says like "Hello, welcome, let me tour you on the building")
- Spent a while fixing and tweaking the end-game and match restart: it wasn't properly working yet, so the game would crash when the match finished. Now it seems to be working fine. A couple of bugs would arise when starting a 2nd match (some variables werent being properly reset, especially some related to the tutorial itself)
Here are 2 screenshots of the tutorial. Yes, the art isn't ready, so please disregard the crappy visual of the panels .
Now I'll skip to the next activity then when I have the panels ready I come back to this activity to finish it (create the script for the 2nd tutorial city and a few other things).
Actually Im not really sure which activity to pick now. I think I'll go for the computer AI - it's not gonna be easy, but will certainly be interesting.
Btw, I will need some volunteer help in the near future. I will post here an entry with more details, but the main thing I think I will need help will be play testing for balance/difficulty, because I need some people that dont know the game very well yet to tell me if it's too easy, too hard, etc. I will need some help on improving the text of the game also, since my English sucks.