This week I created a tower destruction game. The premise of the game is very simple, you have three people/ogres. Each one can carry one explosive to the spot clicked by the user (only along the x coordinate plane). The squad would rush over and place the explosive and return behind the cover before detonating the explosive. If all three explosives are used and the user didn't destroy the tower the player loses the game. I wanted to have the towers shoot the player with arrows as the player approached the tower. It would be based of a certain time limit requiring the user to complete the task as quickly as possible, as soon as the player clicked on a squad that is. A short fairly simple game that would be fun playing after it was finished.
Some things I did improve upon this week is:
- Manage the size of the project. I tried to control the size of the project so that it could be more manageable throughout the week.
- Work more on gameplay and less on backend structure. Though the code was not as pretty it is much more functional and parts of it is functionable.
- Less time on art..., I made simple placeholder art with no animations. I plugged them in and went with it. Short and simple.
Though I didn't complete the game this week I got better at managing some of my resources. The progress, I believe, is good to see and I need to keep improving. To do so, next week I plan to better manage my time for next weeks challenge. I am going to allot so much time for each project with time designation from start to finish. I plan to manage my time better so that I can handle unexpected projects as the they arise and adjust my schedule accordingly. That way I can hopefully give the game of the week more time and a better representation of what I can do.
Attached is a copy of the game as of 11_23_13, nothing much and fairly simple.
PS. the game is nearly finished and I have to time to finish it up. Though I still didn't complete my challenge in time and it will not count, in my book.